Corporate Wellness is our passion, our drive and our mission. We believe wholeheartedly that we can change lives partnering with companies that want to introduce or sustain a healthy, fit and happy culture in the workplace.
The Cost Of An Unhealthy Lifestyle
- Lifestyle counts for a vast majority of health care costs
- 75% of the almost $3 trillion in U.S. health care spending is due to largely preventable chronic diseases , diabetes, cancer and stroke.
- Obesity -related illness accounted for nearly 14%of U.S. health care spending.
- Diseases caused by smoking cost an average of $96 billion annually.
- About 40% of cancers are preventable.
- source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Benefits Of Worksite Wellness Programs
On site wellness workshops (Range 30-45 minutes)
- Companies receive many benefits after implementing a worksite wellness program in addition to reducing medical costs. They include increase in employee morale , improved employee health, employee comradely, and increase in productivity of work.
- Then there are the longer-term benefits to keep in mind. Healthy, active employees take fewer sick days and bring more energy to the workplace.
- A 2011 study published in the Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine showed that incorporating just 2.5 hours of exercise per week into the workday led to a noticeable reduction in absences. Perhaps most importantly, fit and healthy workers are less prone to exactly the kinds of preventable, debilitating illnesses that take such a heavy toll on families and on society.
- According to research from neuroscientist Suzuki, life changing effects that the physical activity of 2.5 - 3 hours per week can have the most on is your brain. Two of the most common findings in neuroscience studies with exercise is the improved attention function on the cortex. The more you exercise the bigger and stronger your cortex gets, like a muscle. So with increased exercise in one day, you will get immediate effects of focus and attention that will last 2-3 hours right after. (Insert a Lunch time Wellness workshop here!) Productivity at its best! The second most transformative thing that exercise will do for you is the area in your brain where is most susceptible to diseases and normal cognitive decline in aging, the consistent exercise over time will actually improve and protect your brain therefore taking longer for these diseases and aging to actually have an effect.
- Stress in the workplace:The top causes of stress in the U.S. are money and work-related pressures, according to a 2013 survey from the American Psychological Association. Naturally stress is a natural part of life, however, companies can assist employees on how to better handle situations through mindfulness, wellness and exercise. When you offer your employees a wellness program you are telling them that you respect them, you trust them, and that you want to help them be successful in life. Employees have high employee morale when they are allowed to be creative, solve problems, feel safe and appreciated, develop self-esteem, and achieve personal goals and aspirations.. Employees are happy when they have a sense of control over their lives and their health.
Renew Your Body And Mind Wellness
- Wellness Coaching and Training: A customized 15 minute one on one chat time with you on your needs, goals, nutrition, injuries, prevention methods and everything you need to start or continue your journey on a healthier, fit and happy lifestyle.
- Foam Rolling Relaxation and Stretch: Used to release muscle tension, and increase range of motion, help posture and spinal extension hile opening up the body with some relaxing, mindfulness meditation producing immediate and lasting results to conquer your day!
- Quick and Healthy Snacks/Meals : There are many options for us in a busy, social lifestyle. Come learn, sample and understand why the fuel (food)that we consume is the energy source that drives healthy living.
- Fitness and Strength Toolbox : Learn a variety of simple exercises , using easy tools that you can use at your desk, home or at the gym to get closer to your health and fitness goals. From losing weight, toning , reducing pain in problematic areas of the body and building strength all in one box!
- Beginner Stretch Yoga: Not all workouts need to be sweaty! Some days we just need to unwind, reenergize from everyday stress. This non-intimidating stretch will help your flexibility , release tension from the body and just give you a little time for you.
- Vision Boards/Mantra: Our physical body is important but we must connect to our minds to achieve overall wellness and happiness. Here we focus on refraining our thoughts to be positive and productive by creating mantras and boards that represent not only what we value in our lives currently but what we are working towards as well.(60minutes)
- Movement and Meditation: Sitting long periods of time can cause many physical issues,In this workshop you will learn stress reducers for your day with guided movements and exercises and learn how breath can reduce stress, anxiety which allows you to gain more focus to conquer your day!
Health And Fitness Programs
- Complete programs can be customized for all such as "Lunchtime Yoga and Meditation", "Morning Energizer", "Motivation Workout After Work", are just a few options of what can be created. rograms consider all levels, gender, all types of activities that an cater to your specific group.
- These group classes can be done several times a week, one weekly class, biweekly or monthly right at your own workplace. ALL equipment (if needed) is provided. Space needs to be available at workplace which is easily done in conference rooms, lunch rooms or any other designated space where a group can meet comfortably.
- All wellness workshops and fitness classes are customized to the groups at hand." One size doesn't fit all." #togetherwecanmakeadifference